Wednesday, March 16, 2011

22re bogs



I have a 91 2wd 22re automatic. when i try to accelorate it will bog down after pedal 1/4 way in all the way to full throttle. Recently i have flushed the engine, added oil stabilizer and engine restore. new thermostat, new plugs at .032, exhaust gaskets and muffler, and last night swapped my intake with battery. did a compression test and the 1st cylinder is at 130 and the others are just above 120, which i know is low. i believe i have a head gasket leak, in my radiator theres the milky residue but the engine always stays cool. im thinking its something with my fuel delivery. i add lucas fuel system cleaner. when i take my gas cap off it lets out a lot of pressure, which i dont know if its good or bad. i havent changed the fuel filter yet and i may feel that my tps or timing may be off. i adjust the distributor to where i hear the least pinging but im not sure if its at the right spot. the other day i heard a rattle sound from under my engine when i idle at speed. sounded like a bad clutch spinnin but i think it may have actually been a crank bearing. i got stuck in a flood last wednesday which is why i had done all the work. also i noticed that theres a dashpot installed on my throttle body which i read in my haynes book doesnt come on efi's with automatic transmission. so perhaps it came from another vehicle but im pretty much the second owner. bought it from a guy who had it for a year and rarely used. the guy he bought it from had it since new and i still have some reciepts from sears and the origanal books, even the sticker that was in the window from the lot.

Reply 1 : 22re bogs



Bump for ya. My son's truck has a bog too. Waiting to see.

Reply 2 : 22re bogs



i think my o2 sensor may be fried. i keep fiddling with the distributor and idle and cant get nothing right. i would like to just pull it all apart and start from scratch. im not getting the mpgs i should. i talked with a pickup owner who had put 350k miles on his from day one when he got it and said it was like 28 mpgs

No comments:

Post a Comment