Friday, March 18, 2011

Check ABS / Check VSC warning



I have an 08 Highlander and recently have had the 'Check ABS' warning followed by 'Check VSC' warning on the display screen. The ABS light and VSC light also comes on the dashboard.

The problem is intermittent and last for about 1-2 minutes while driving, then disappears. It will then come on again after a while.



This happens regularly now. Any suggestions on what might be causing this before I take it to the dealer?

Reply 1 : Check ABS / Check VSC warning



I had a similar problem on my 08 a couple years ago but my ABS and VSC warning lights were on all the time, not intermittent. When I took it to the dealer they claimed the problem was a loose gas cap. I haven't had a problem since. I know it sounds a little crazy but check your gas cap. Easy enough to do. Good luck.

Reply 2 : Check ABS / Check VSC warning
















Reply 3 : Check ABS / Check VSC warning



I hear ya OldStyle. I had numerous problems with my 08' Highlander; basically from day one (I had it in five times to fix the dash rattles/squeaks and they never did get it right); I traded it in last week for a new CR-V EX. I forgot how nice it is to drive a car and not hear rattles and squeaks!!

Reply 4 : Check ABS / Check VSC warning




Quote:








Originally Posted by OldStyle
View Post

















Reply 5 : Check ABS / Check VSC warning



i had the same lights turn on me, at around 70K. It was cold around 15 degrees in mammoth. I shut the car off, turned it back on and it went away.

Reply 6 : Check ABS / Check VSC warning



Mine did that the first time (day 1). The second time they came on (day 2) the dealer had to reset and after driving 2 miles they came on again and ahead of me was 60 miles of NE Ohio lake effect blizzard and no safety features. The next day (day 3 now) went back to dealer again and they found the corroded wire and tested all the hubs and one was bad (there is a ticker gizmo inside the metal with a wire sticking out that counts clicks on all 4 wheels and the computer decides if it should apply the abs, traction control, etc.). Why they have to design it such that u need a new hub instead of just the part is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment