Friday, March 25, 2011

Cigarette lighter always on - how to?



I checked for old threads on this and didn't find anything. I want my cigarette lighter outlet to *always* be on. A lot of other cars are like that, but not my Camry. I'd like to be able to leave my phone or iPod plugged in to charge while the car is sitting in the parking lot, because I sometimes forget to plug 'em in at home.



Is this relatively easy to do?... what's the best way?... just run a new wire (with inline fuse) to it?... cut a wire & bypass whatever relay is shutting it off? I'd check out the wiring diagram myself, but I'm feelin' lazy, plus I figure you all are pretty smart - might think of something I'm overlooking.



edit: ACK!!!... I meant to post this in the gen 3/4 Camry forum - mods please move.

No comments:

Post a Comment