Tuesday, March 22, 2011

86 gauge cluster



I've got an 86 standard cab manual trans 4x2. I took the cluster out today to change a few of the light bulbs and saw something interesting. I pulled one of the sockets out which wasn't working and shined a light through the hole to see what system it was for and it illuminated a "4x4" section of the cluster. The truck isn't a 4x4 and the interesting thing is that the other holes that aren't in use don't have any section to illuminate on the other side. They just remain black with light shined through.



I guess my question is were most clusters for the base model trucks, both 4x4 and 4x2 sold as the same part regardless of the truck they go in just to keep costs down? Or is this likely not the original cluster?

Reply 1 : 86 gauge cluster



i believe the same cluster was used in all the trucks and also in 4runners. i have an 88 4x4 pickup. it has a light for 'BACK DOOR' i'm pretty sure my truck doesnt have one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment