Wednesday, March 16, 2011

1" leveling spacer raised truck 2" ???



I got a 1" Daystar leveling spacer installed on the top of my struts this weekend. Took measurements before and after and the truck actually raised 2"... I'm actually not happy with getting more than I expected, I think it looks slightly too high now relative to the rear (kinda picky...)



Question is, how could a 1" spacer possibly raise the truck any more than that??? Anyone else experience this?

Reply 1 : 1" leveling spacer raised truck 2" ???



If the spacer is 1 inch thick that is lift applied at the spring, that will increase as you move out to the tip of the control arm to as you have found out 2 inches. Remember the lever and fulcrum from school.

Reply 2 : 1" leveling spacer raised truck 2" ???



What he said. ^^^^ Also, it has to settle. It may several days before it settles. I put new springs on mine and it was at least 3-4 days before they settled to where it sits now. It was about 3.5" and I was not liking it. But it eventually settled down to 2.5". I later removed it all and changed the control arm bushings and when I put it all back together, same thing-3.5". A few days later, back at 2.5".



My cousin put a strut top leveling kit on his '01 and got the same results as yours. It settled down after a few days and he then got his alignment. Don't go get it aligned until then or you'll wear the inside of your tire treads when it does settle. Also, try to limit your miles traveled until it does.



Hope this helps. Spacers generally double in lift. IE: 1.25" tall spacer=2.5" lift.

Reply 3 : 1" leveling spacer raised truck 2" ???



damn. That all makes sense. Wish I had known that. I was really just wanting that 1"... I'm disappointed that the kit was advertised as a 1" leveling kit. kind of misleading...



Let me ask this though- I didn't get new springs, just the spacer. what is there to "settle" in?

Reply 4 : 1" leveling spacer raised truck 2" ???



I don't know why, but it is what it is. My original lift was some Cornfed spacers and it did the same thing.

Reply 5 : 1" leveling spacer raised truck 2" ???



What the final verdict? Is it sitting lower?

Reply 6 : 1" leveling spacer raised truck 2" ???



The truck is still sitting the same as it was immediately after the spacers were installed. I don't think there is anything to settle in, springs aren't new, just the spacer. After a lot of driving, and even putting my plow on and off to see if it "squished" it down, the truck is still sitting at the same 2+ inches higher than stock I really wish I had just gotten the 1" I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment