Saturday, March 26, 2011

I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light



Ahh!! I cant find any! Tried the MTEC super white Silverstar ones and just today Nokya arctic white 7000k stage 2! All failed! They are no where white at all.



OMG! Can someone Help me look for a bulb that outputs a real white color? Any Suggestions please?



and Can I use a HID DRLs? (Just want to solidify what I heard about putting HID on DRLs/Highbeam ) I just want that WHITE LIGHT for my DRLS!



If nothing comes up, I have no choice but to splice my DRLs/Autolights. The very least thing that i want to do!



Thanks alot.

Reply 1 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light



My Mtec super white are really super white.....I have no idea whatsup with yours.

Reply 2 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light




Quote:








Originally Posted by thestone11
View Post

My Mtec super white are really super white.....I have no idea whatsup with yours.



Nope.. When They are next to my HID low beams. they are NO where WHITE.. There is a hint of yellow and because of the blue tint that covers the bulb it kinda looks like a greenish yellow next to my HIDs

Reply 3 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light



Try looking at luminics .





http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=900...286.m270.l1313

Reply 4 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light



halogen bulbs can never be as whites as HIDs , try leds bulbs ????

Reply 5 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light




Quote:








Originally Posted by eagleone
View Post

halogen bulbs can never be as whites as HIDs , try leds bulbs ????



can they operate as a highbeam as well?

Reply 6 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light



If you are familiar with the Kelvin scale, then 7000K should translate to a very bluish hue.



You might have to pay a bit more to get the color you're looking for.



Check out any of the following bulbs:



-Koito Whitebeam

-Raybrig White Blaster 4400K

-Raybrig White Sonic-S 4900K (might be a bit tinged)

-PIAA Intense White 4100K

-PIAA Xtreme White Plus

Reply 7 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light




Quote:








Originally Posted by emerson323
View Post

Nope.. When They are next to my HID low beams. they are NO where WHITE.. There is a hint of yellow and because of the blue tint that covers the bulb it kinda looks like a greenish yellow next to my HIDs






Reply 8 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light




Quote:








Originally Posted by emerson323
View Post

can they operate as a highbeam as well?



if you mean the leds im not sure most likely but i dont have much knowledge of them , you cant have hid DRL though . i would just say disable ur DRLs or disconnect the bulbs thats what i did , ur not going to find a "WHITE" light bulb for them

Reply 9 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light



There is no way a halogen bulb can produce the white light you are referring to because DRLs operate at a fraction of the voltage that full high beams do. The filament just can't do it. Its like a normal incandescent bulb on a dimmer switch. At full voltage it can be made to appear whiter through glass tinting, but as mentioned it will never be the same when compared to those HID kit bulbs.



LED bulbs will appear white at nearly any voltage I suppose, but they will fall short of actually performing the way high beams should at night.



The light setups on these car is meant to be functional and actually perform very well if used for that purpose. Since you are seeking purely cosmetic lighting you will have to sacrifice real performance to get it.

Reply 10 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light



do the fog light mod , disconnect your DRL bulbs and have hid fogs and then use them as DRLs , thats how im set up

Reply 11 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light




Quote:








Originally Posted by LeanBurn
View Post

There is no way a halogen bulb can produce the white light you are referring to because DRLs operate at a fraction of the voltage that full high beams do. The filament just can't do it. Its like a normal incandescent bulb on a dimmer switch. At full voltage it can be made to appear whiter through glass tinting, but as mentioned it will never be the same when compared to those HID kit bulbs.



LED bulbs will appear white at nearly any voltage I suppose, but they will fall short of actually performing the way high beams should at night.



The light setups on these car is meant to be functional and actually perform very well if used for that purpose. Since you are seeking purely cosmetic lighting you will have to sacrifice real performance to get it.



+1



sorry, but I am going to end your quest for white DRL's right now. the color temperature stated for the bulbs you are using is for 9005 bulbs full power. our car's 9005 bulb act as a day time running light as well as our high beams. if your high beams are on, then the lights will look how the manufacturer described, but when your running them low power for DRL's it'll look yellow because the bulb is underpowered. I wanted to do the same thing as you, but I realized my last resort was to just cut the wire. The car looks better without the DRL anyway and plus, being able to control your headlights is nice.



Give up

Reply 12 : I seriously Need a White DRLs/Highbeam light



delete, wrong thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment