Thursday, March 17, 2011

06 4cyl with TC alpahwerks headers



I installed a set of alpahwerks headers from a scion tc. The CEL came on obviously along with the VSC and trac off. I know that its a safeguard for engine stress when CEL comes on but my A/C now wont work. It continuosly flashes. I did remove the alternator to get to the exhaust manifold nut and didnt adjust the tensioner because I cant figure out how and the haynes manual doesnt show it. Also I thought the hydralic tensioner did it for me. Even after resetting the CEL it still would not work. I bought the weapon r CEL eliminator it just havent arrived yet.



Can someone please tell me an idea of what I screwed up?

Reply 1 : 06 4cyl with TC alpahwerks headers



The blinking light could be a slipping belt on the compressor, or a clogged cabin filter, or who knows. Is the belt slipping, or did you get some grease/oil/... on it?

Reply 2 : 06 4cyl with TC alpahwerks headers



It doesnt feel like it is slipping. The stealership replaced it when they replaced the water pump in Jan. I did spray wd-40 on the manifold nut closest to the belt but I made sure not to overspray.



I know that when I was installing the headers some how I knocked off the high pressure cap on the refrigerant line but I dont think that it would leak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment