Friday, March 18, 2011

sienna base interior lights door mode?



Anyone with a base model Sienna know how to turn off door mode on the interior lights?



When I open one of the doors, all 7 (including rear door) interior lights turn on. I can't find a master switch. I've never owned a vehicle that does not have a "on / off / door" switch on the dome light. The logic behind this is beyond comprehension.



Why this is important: I have two little kids. Driving home late with the kids sleeping, if we have to stop, say for gas, or when we get home, we don't want the lights to come on and wake the kids. Another example, when camping, if we were to sleep in the back, (or if I want the door open for some reason) we wouldn't want the lights to come on every time someone needs to get up in the middle of the night.



Thanks



Tim

Reply 1 : sienna base interior lights door mode?



I'm not sure about the base model, but for my XLE AWD the button is right next to the "all on/off" button. If you can locate the button that turns all the lights on/off, the button next to it should be the one. If it's depressed, then it's on door mode. If it's not, then no light should go on when a door is opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment